Today is an unusual day for me. I’ve been sitting here looking at the screen not knowing what to write even though my heart is filled with so many feelings and my mind is wrestling with countless thoughts. But then suddenly I feel at peace and calm. I don’t know what to make of it. I keep thinking about the message at our church on Sunday and how little I expected that in just five days of the new year those phrases would mean so much in different aspects of my life.
These were some of my favorite notes from our church service on Sunday…
- This new year will bring unanticipated realities but God will remain in control
- This new year will bring disappointing occurences but God will continue to prove faithful
- This new year will bring painful experiences but God will ultimately provide victory
- Trust in God to provide what you need when you need it
- We live in a broken world where pain exists
As I mentioned, I didn’t expect that so soon I would be experiencing and understanding the entire essence of the above phrases, but then again, that is the beauty and darkness of life. It’s in these moments that I realize how great my love for God is and understand that the peace and calm that suddenly comes over me is when I surrender control to his power. I don’t have all the right answers and I’m only human and the best I can do is trust in my love and faith in him and be thankful for everything. And this is the power of his love because in this moment I still feel this calm over me.